JMC makes no express or implied representation or warranty for products performance or suitability for specific use beyond the parameters specified in the product specification.
JMC warrants that the products it manufactures will be free from defects in material and workmanship and meet JMC’s published specifications at the time of shipment under normal use and regular service for a period of two years from the date of manufacture. The date of manufacture will be specified on the product label. Products purchased by JMC from a third party for resale to the buyer shall carry only the warranty extended by the original manufacturer.
This warranty does not extend to any losses or damages due to misuse, accident, abuse, neglect, normal wear and tear, negligence (other than JMC’s), unauthorized modification or alteration, unsuitable power sources or environmental conditions, improper installation, handling, or any other cause not the fault of JMC. In the event that actual operating conditions or other conditions differ from those represented by JMC, any warranties or other provisions contained herein which are affected by such conditions shall be null and void.
Products repaired or replaced during the warranty period shall be covered by the foregoing warranty for the remainder of the original warranty period or ninety (90) days from the date of shipment, whichever is longer.
This warranty shall be limited to repair, correction or replacement of the purchased product by JMC, or refund of the purchase price of the product, with such determination to be at the sole discretion of JMC. If a refund of the purchase price is made, such refund shall be provided only to the original customer of JMC. In no event shall JMC’s liability include customer cost of fan replacement, customer rework costs, loss of revenue, loss of anticipated profits, business interruption, loss of use, or reputation.
It is expressly understood that any technical advice furnished by JMC with respect to the use of its products is given without charge, and JMC assumes no obligation or liability for the advice given, or results obtained.
Specific Warranty Considerations:
– JMC will not warrant the performance of a product if the application condition is outside the parameters specified in the product specification.
– Customer handling damage is not covered in the warranty. Specifically, pressure applied to the impeller can cause fan damage. Fans should not be handled by the lead wires. Dropping the fans on a hard surface may create fan damage.
– Fan failures due to introduction of water or excessive dust/powder are warrantied if and only if the appropriate IP rating is included in the product specification.
– Damage caused to the fan by reverse polarity plugging of the fan to a power source is warrantied if and only if the polarity protection feature is included in the product specification.
– Fans should be stored consistent with the product specification. Fans stored over 6 months, or in harsh conditions should be retested before use.
– Fan distortion due to improper installation may create fan failures which are not included in the product warranty.
– A finger guard is recommended for all fans to protect against personal injury. JMC is not liable for any personal injury caused by the handling of, or near to, any fan connected to its power source.